Portland State University
School of Business Administration
Click Here to contact the School of Business at Portland State directly.
Master of Business Administration – a top-ranked program with a focus on Leadership, Innovation, and Sustainability, and specializations in business analytics, entrepreneurship, finance, real estate, supply chain, and social innovation. Offered both full-time and part-time, on-campus (21 months).
MS in Global Supply Chain Management – a Top 20 program designed to teach students the knowledge and skills they will need to manage supply chains, to support new product innovation, open markets and channels, and create sustainable end-of-life, closed loop processes. Offered part-time, fully online (21 months).
MS in Financial Analysis– a CFA-recognized degree that integrates both finance and accounting curriculum to prepare students for careers in corporate finance, public accounting, and investment management. Offered both full-time (12 months) and part-time (24 months), on-campus.
Master of International Management – a unique program that blends core international business education with the languages and business cultures of the Pacific Rim. Offered full-time (15 months), on-campus.
Master of Real Estate Development – offered in partnership with PSU’s College of Urban & Public Affairs, combining urban planning and business education to provide students with a competitive edge in real estate development. Offered both full-time (12 months) and part-time (24 months), on-campus.
The Healthcare MBA – offered in partnership with Oregon Health and Science University and designed to educate healthcare leaders in transforming the business of healthcare. Offered as a hybrid part-time, online hybrid program (33 months).
Graduate Certificate in Business Intelligence and Analytics – 21-credit graduate certificate designed to prepare professionals with the business and data analytics skills to lead informed business strategies. Offered part-time, on-campus (12 months) and in combination with other Masters programs.
Portland State University's School of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
- Professional Resume
- Unofficial Transcripts/Marksheets from Each College or University Attended (official transcripts will be required to be submitted if admitted)
- Contact Information for Two Professional References
- Official Score Reports for Either GMAT or GRE or GMAT/GRE Waiver Policy (available for select programs)
- GMAT Code:
MBA Full-Time: WG0-NF-91
MBA Part-Time: WG0-NF-42
GRE Code: 4610
- Optional Essay or Required Essay (based on program)
- Interview (based on program)
- $67 Application Fee
Please see our website for a detailed breakdown of tuition and fees for each program. Learn more here.
Military Scholarships Available to PSU Students:
- Returning Veterans Scholarship
- Tillman Scholars
• Deadline: March 1st
• Amount: Average scholarship amount for 2015 was $15,000 per academic year
• Open to military veterans (active duty or separated, including National Guard & reserve) and spouses pursuing a full-time four-year, master’s, PhD, or professional degree at a US-based accredited institution. Each award is based on the applicant’s unique financial need
We are both a post-9/11 GI Bill and Yellow Ribbon Program. We also offer vocational rehabilitation and have an on-campus counselor.
Learning Environment for Students
Take advantage of studying in one of America’s most livable, safe, and unique cities. PSU is nestled in downtown Portland, a quick walk from restaurants, coffee shops, pubs, art galleries, and new and used bookstores (including Powell's, the largest bookstore west of the Mississippi). The Portland area is noted for its scenic beauty and quality of life. With a bustling downtown, Portland is located on the banks of the Willamette River only 90 minutes from snow-capped peaks and the Pacific Ocean. For the past three years, Oregon has been the most popular state in which to move.
With Portland’s vibrant business community in your backyard, you will be first in line to meet top employers, landing you more internships and career connections ranging from Fortune 500 companies to budding startups. As a leading region for retail and manufacturing, Portland is home to the athletic and outdoor apparel, and also boasts strong healthcare, technology, manufacturing, green energy, consulting, and nonprofit sectors.
Our graduate business students actively participate in the following student organizations:
• Entrepreneurship Club (E-Club)
• Financial Management Association (FMA)
• Net Impact
• Outdoor Industry Women's Coalition (OIWC)
• Supply and Logistics Management Association (SLMA)
• Women In Business (WIB)
Portland State School of Business faculty are renowned for research, industry experience, and teaching. Because of the rich business community in Portland, we bring in professors and instructors with the most current industry experience and unparalleled connections.
Our faculty members research some of the most important business challenges facing the global economy. Core research areas include sustainability, accounting, finance, human resource management, management, marketing, supply chain management, and real estate. Their articles have appeared in the "Academy of Management Journal," "Sloan Management Review," "Journal of Business Ethics," "Journal of Business Venturing," "Organization Science," "Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis," "Journal of Applied Psychology," and other high impact publications.
#73 Best Part-Time MBA -- US News and World Report 2016
- MS in Global Supply Chain Management
• #16 Best Online Graduate Business Program – US News and World Report 2016
• #14 Best Online Graduate Business Program for Veterans – US News and World Report 2016
• One of 13 supply chain management programs in the nation certified by the Institute for Supply Management
- MS in Financial Analysis
• #54 MS in Finance Rankings – The Financial Engineer 2016
• Accepted into the CFA Institute’s University Recognition Program
- Master of Real Estate Development
• #5 Real Estate Graduate Programs on the West Coast -- Bisnow 2016
- The Healthcare MBA
• #62 Best Online MBA – US News and World Report 2016
• #53 Best Online MBA for Veterans – US News and World Report 2016