SMU - Cox School of Business
Director, Full-Time MBA Admissions
Cox School of Business
6212 Bishop Blvd., Suite 125
Dallas, Texas 75275
Click here to Contact the Cox School of Business at SMU directly.
Veteran enrollment is at an all-time high at SMU Cox! As a proud participant in the Yellow Ribbon Program, the Cox School is host to over three dozen of the nation’s finest men and women. Noted as one of the most military-friendly colleges by mba.com, SMU Cox strives to welcome veterans to apply to SMU Cox as they seek their MBA and prepare for the next chapter in their lives:
- We waive the application fee for all active duty and military veterans.
- We are committed to making financial aid available to qualified military personnel.
- We will provide a one-year deferment if admitted military students' plans are delayed by service.
SMU Cox helps our students after graduation as well through organizations such as Veterans In Business, which is a student association committed to assisting veterans as they transition from the military into a successful career in the private sector.
Graduate Degree Programs
Degree programs include:
• Full-Time MBA
• Fast Track MBA (One Year)
• Professional MBA
• Executive MBA
• M.S. Degrees (Accounting, Business Analytics, Finance, & Management)
Your application, supporting documents, and personal interview are very important in the selection process. We hope that you will provide us with the most complete and honest picture of yourself. After candidate applications are completed, submitted, and reviewed by the Cox MBA Admissions Committee, evaluative interviews are conducted by invitation only.
Your complete application will contain the following components:
• Application forms found in the online application
• Professional résumé
• Essays (Two specific topics are required; you may submit a third supplemental essay ONLY to address issues not covered in required essays)
• GMAT or GRE score taken within the last five years
• Degreed undergraduate transcripts
• If applicable: TOEFL, IELTS, or Pearson Test of English score taken within the last two years (see International Applicants section for more information)
• Two professional references (names and contact information only, no letters) - people who can speak to your work-related skills and abilities
Learning Environment for Students
SMU Cox brings together a world-class faculty with talented, ambitious students in a small, private-school setting. Three key elements enrich the collaborative classroom experience: the strategic location in one of the world’s best cities for business, the strong professional network, and the unmatched global immersion experience we provide.
SMU Cox has an outstanding group of professors distinguished by their innovative research, passion for teaching and industry experience. Graduate of top-ranked institutions, the Cox faculty today is one of the very best in the world. In fact, Cox faculty are key to the school’s high rankings in leading business publications like Bloomberg Businessweek, The Economist, and Financial Times.
The Cox School is a proud participant in the Yellow Ribbon Program. If you are eligible for the Yellow Ribbon Program, these benefits will cover almost 70% of your tuition and fees for the program. We also have numerous other military scholarship opportunities offered by private donors that can either add to these benefits or help with the cost of the program if you are not eligible for Yellow Ribbon.
You can find the tuition rates for the Cox MBA on our website.