Syracuse University - Whitman School of Management
For over 50 years, Syracuse University has been committed to providing education to our nation's military during and after their service to our country. As the functional demands of active-duty service men and women change and those transitioning out of the military seek educational opportunities to prepare them for the marketplace, the Whitman School of Management prides itself in providing the most comprehensive education specifically designed to facilitate growth.
At Whitman, there is a support structure and culture that is encompassed with service, experience, and commitment. Within Whitman, there are over 80 years of combined military service which includes retired Majors, Captains, and a Colonel. As part of the Yellow Ribbon Program, our degree programs, in many cases, are fully funded for veterans. On campus, there is a veteran’s resource center, the student veterans club, and many other resources that are all part of the SALUTE program at Syracuse University.
Syracuse University remains committed to supporting those that are serving and have served our country. The Veteran’s Resource Center was established to provide transitional services to those affiliated with the military as they pursue education. In addition, Syracuse has on hand a Veteran’s Advisor, who is dedicated to assisting with the administration of military tuition benefits and other items as it relates to the time spent on campus.
Veterans’ Resource Center
700 University Avenue
Syracuse, NY 13244
Visit veterans.syr.edu to learn more about the resource center at Syracuse, in addition to our participation in the GI/Yellow Ribbon program.
We look forward to serving you!
Click Here to Contact Syracuse University directly.
MBA Degree Programs
Each MBA program is comprised of the same curriculum and credit hour requirement, yielding an MBA degree from Syracuse University.
- Full-Time MBA: Our full-time MBA program emphasizes a well-rounded education that incorporates both theoretical background and practical experience. Whitman’s curriculum is founded in building strong analytical and decision makings skills, a high degree of flexibility in tailoring a program and specialization that is right for you, and practical theory through Experiential Learning and real-world applications. Our fulltime MBA is a 54 credit hour program, with 36 core course credits and 18 elective credits completed over a span of two years. We offer specializations in Accounting, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Marketing, Real Estate or Supply Chain Management. As an MBA student, you’ll build an experiential portfolio through internships, consulting, specialized courses, community engagement, and other practical experiences that make them more valuable in the marketplace. After utilizing planning tools offered through the Whitman Career Center, you’ll identify gaps in knowledge or skill sets and build a portfolio to enhance your skills. As part of the 18 elective credits, you’ll complete a minimum of six approved experiential credits through at least two distinct experiences.
- MBA@Syracuse: Our online MBA program has combined the flexibility of distance-learning with the tangible benefits of a collaborative community for over 35 years. The program has been consistently recognized as one of the best online graduate business programs by U.S. News & World Report, Financial Times and Best Colleges. With a history of innovation, leadership, and excellence in instruction, our enhanced online program will continue to provide working professionals with the opportunity to develop specialized skills. Whitman’s award-winning faculty teach MBA@Syracuse classes on a live, online platform, and MBA@Syracuse graduates receive the same Whitman degree as on-campus students. Coursework consists of live online classes, dynamic course content and real-world experiences. Using a mobile application, students can download coursework and complete it from anywhere without an Internet connection.
There are 4 session start dates per year in January, April, July and October. Students participate in three-day long residencies in cities around the world at the beginning of each session. During these immersive, real-world experiences—which take place on the Syracuse campus as well as in both U.S. and international cities— students meet face-to-face with classmates and professors for networking and socializing. Students also participate in workshops and hear from guest speakers from top companies. To learn how you can earn a top tier Syracuse education without having to relocate or sacrifice personal and professional commitments, please visit http://onlinemba.syr.edu or follow the program on Twitter at @MBAatSyracuse.
- MS Programs: The Martin J. Whitman School of Managements provides an integrated learning experience designed for students and professionals looking to expand their knowledge, expertise, and global competencies. The Whitman School offers Masters Programs in “Accounting,” “Finance,” “Entrepreneurship,” or “Supply Chain Management.” Each program is for 30 credits and can be completed within a year.
The Whitman School of Management was the 16th school in the United States to receive accreditation by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). All graduate programs at Whitman are accredited by AACSB.
- Our full-time MBA is a 54 credit hour program, with 36 core course credits and 18 elective credits completed over a span of two years. Students will complete a minimum of six approved experiential credits through at least two distinct experiences. Experiential learning projects can be completed through a summer internship, consulting, specialized courses, community engagement, and other practical experiences that make you more valuable in the marketplace.
- MBA@Syracuse features the same curriculum content as the full-time, on-campus MBA program. The courses sequence, totaling 54 credits – 12 core courses, 5 electives and 3 residencies – provides seamless progression within the 2-year time frame.
students enrolled in the distance learning MBA program must participate in three residencies that are worth one credit each.
Description of Learning Environment for Students
The 160,000-square-foot home for the Whitman School was completed in January 2005. Every design decision for the building was made with a focus on students and creating an environment that promotes a culture of collegiality and a high-tech, world-class learning experience.
The Whitman School boasts 22 classrooms, a 200-seat auditorium, 20 team meeting rooms for graduate students, a three-story, 4000-square-foot Grand Hall, graduate computer clusters, 74 faculty offices, a faculty research center, an investment research center, an incubator for entrepreneurial start-ups, a 100-seat cafe and a special-events room with outdoor terrace.
Take a building tour here.
Since 1919, faculty in the Whitman School of Management have been committed to discovering and disseminating relevant knowledge, contributing perspectives on frontline business issues, and advancing the theory and practice of management. Whitman faculty research spans a diverse range of topics and methodologies and all faculty strive to reach the highest level of excellence. Faculty research has been published in leading journals, including the Journal of Operations Management, the Accounting Review, the Academy of Management Review, the Journal of Marketing, the Journal of International Business Studies, the Journal of Economics and Business, and Management Science.
For more information about Whitman faculty, visit the Whitman Faculty Directory.
The estimated cost for attending the Whitman School of Management is highlighted below. The amount of your tuition invoice will vary according to the number of credit house for which you register.
- #2 by Military Times for Best Business Schools for Veterans (worldwide), 2015
- #1 Most Global Student Body by Bloomberg Businessweek in the full-time MBA program, October 24, 2012
- U.S. News & World Report ranked Whitman #19 for Best Entrepreneurship Graduate Programs, 2014
- Bloomberg Businessweek ranks Whitman’s full-time MBA program #55, 2012 (biennial ranking)
- U.S. News & World Report ranks Whitman #79 for Best MBA Programs, 2014
- 2014 Financial Times rank Whitman #9 of Worldwide Online MBA Programs
- Ranked #13 by Poets and Quants for Top Online MBA Programs, 2013
- U.S. News & World Report ranks Whitman as #39 for best Online MBA Programs, 2014