Upper Iowa University - Online MBA Degree Program
Founded in 1857, Upper Iowa University is a private, not-for-profit university providing degree programs and leadership development opportunities to over 6,765 students—nationally and internationally. Upper Iowa University is a recognized innovator in offering accredited, quality programs through flexible, multiple delivery systems, including onsite, online and self-paced degree programs.
Center for Distance Education Office
605 Washington Street
PO Box 1857
Fayette, IA 52142
Click Here to Contact Upper Iowa University directly.
Online Degree Programs
MBA with the following areas of emphasis:
• Corporate Financial Management
• General Management
• Human Resource Management
• Organizational Development
Other Graduate Programs:
• Master of Public Administration - six areas of emphasis
• Master of Higher Education Administration - two areas of emphasis
• Master of Education – one area of emphasis
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university (or foreign equivalent)
- Undergraduate GPA of 2.75 for all courses or 3.0 for the most recent 60 credits towards the applicant's undergraduate degree.
- Acceptable GMAT or GRE scores for applicants who do not meet the GPA requirement.
- TOEFL, taken with in the past 12 months, for applicants for whom English is not their native language and for applicants whose undergraduate degree was conducted in a language other than English.
- Prospective students are required to submit official transcripts from all previous institutions attended.
- Essays and References are required for admission.
Description of Learning Environment for Students
Upper Iowa University delivers its online courses in an asynchronous environment using the PearsonLearning Studio (eCollege) web-based platform. You will be expected to attend and participate in each course at least four times per week (on average). Courses are discussion intensive and students are expected to participate actively in the class discussions. A 24/7/365 help desk is available to assist students having technical difficulties. At the start of the program you will have access to a Student Orientation Tutorial to help you learn how to navigate the classroom. The maximum class size is 20 students. Six, eight-week terms are offered each year.
Upper Iowa University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association.
Current tuition and fees. All DoD cardholders receive a 10% tuition discount.
- The University is ranked as one of the top five online education programs by OEDb (Online Education Database).
- Additionally, UIU has received recognition as a Military Friendly School by numerous publications.