Value of MBA
Results from a recent poll with officers regarding the value of an MBA.
Q1) What are your reasons for pursuing an MBA?
- 25.6% - career opportunities outside the military in private or public-sector company
- 20.9% - educational challenge (attain more knowledge and skills)
- 16.3% - more money or earning potential
- 15.1% - career change into new or second career
- 11.6% - military service career advancement (i.e. promotion)
- 10.5% - educational achievement (earn another degree)
Q2) What do you value most that motivates you to earn an MBA?
- 27.8% - improving my qualifications (more professional knowledge and skills)
- 22.2% - more money or earning potential
- 18.1% - establishing a career (defined path, promotions and advancement)
- 16.7% - adding to my credentials (having another degree and more education)
- 15.3% - greater job opportunities (more selections of jobs)
Q3) What resources do you find most helpful in learning about the MBA?
- 26.4% - media (magazines that rank MBA schools or internet websites)
- 20.8% - MBA schools
- 19.4% - peers (military or civilian)
- 15.3% - career, employment or community service centers
- 9.7% - organizations (employer, government or association)
- 5.6% - assessment test companies (GMAT)
- 2.8% - other